KITCHEN CLEANING PROCEDURES
- Cleaning Agent: Warm soapy water ONLY
- Counters: All countertops and below counter shelving surfaces must be wiped down with warm soapy water. No food particles or food residue may be left on any surfaces.
- Sinks and Sink Drains: Sinks must be wiped down with warm soapy water and rinsed out. Sink drains must be cleaned out. No food particles or food residue may remain. No sponges or dish cleaning utensils may be left behind
- Refrigerators: All refrigerators must be emptied of all food and beverage items. Shelving and floors within refrigerators must be cleaned of all food residue. Warm soapy water may be used in case of spills.
- Floor: The floor must be thoroughly swept after each event.
- Trash Cans: Regardless of the amount of trash within a trash can, trash cans must be emptied and trash bags replaced after each event. Trash must be taken to the red dumpster provided in the enclosure at the southeast corner of the GISB building.
- Food Storage: Food and beverages may not be stored overnight within the kitchen or refrigerators without prior authorization. Any food or beverages left overnight without prior authorization will be discarded immediately upon discovery by daily inspections. Food storage arrangements may be made by contacting the building manager at GISB@indiana.edu or 812‐856‐3838.
Cleaning procedures are required for all catering services and must be completed after each use of these facilities. All catering services discovered to be in non‐compliance will not be given access or permitted to use the catering kitchen.